Blogi toimii Hyrian opiskelijan oppimispäiväkirjana kansainvälisen opiskelijavaihdon aikana
Friday, April 7, 2017
The land of tea and British pies
My first two weeks in The land of tea and British pies has been very busy.
After the very, very, very long trip from cold Finland to Plymouth (that trip take about over 10 hours os my life) we finally arrived to our host family. They are amazing and I fell love with their two dogs. Plymouth is nice coast city and it's like summer in here already. Me and Melissa get lost couple times but, we jut getting use to this city.
I quickly noticed little cultural diffrences here, like wearing shoes on inside and how often people say please or when you sneeze strange people say " bless you." That's really funny.
Next day I arrived to my work placement Bentrax, that is located in Business park at Plymouth.
I met my boss Guy and right after quick getting to know each other conversation I met my first client.
My client wanted to reform her wed site so we started to work on it. Guy is respond of programming and I design new graphics, take new pictures of projucts and created new gallery to some other pictures. There maybe will be some film work to in near future.
After first week I got three more clients. Two of them wanted to reform their wed sites, like with new pictures and diffrent graphics and to one client I am going to create a totally new wed site. Of course I got help from other work placement student who's main subject is programming. So we are doing this wed site together as a team work.
So now I have 4 diffrent wed sites to work with and I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment